Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quality versus Quantity

That was kind of the theme of Alive Fest in Ohio. Quality over quantity. Some days I felt like I maybe talked to only four people. (Well, it was more, but it felt that way cuz of the length of conversation!haha)  People really opened up and shared personal stories of their life. I heard stories of a man who saw God moving through him in his workplace as he interceded for different ones. I heard a couple of stories of people being abused. I heard stories of God's healing. God's conviction. God's faithfulness. It's been amazing. It is hearing people's stories that gets me excited. And then I have the opportunity to speak into their lives and pray for them!
I will expound on just one of many stories here. It began by me doing my regular duties of talking about YWAM to a couple of girls. A while later, one of the girls returned and said that she went to a concert and the whole time she felt like she was supposed to come back and talk to me. So she started asking me questions about what I do as a missionary in Mexico. So I was able to share what I do and the things that I'm passionate about. And then she began to share about her crazy life story, even though she didn't understand why she was telling me all this, as a complete stranger. We talked for at least an hour, maybe even two. And then I prayed for her about situations she told me about and also for healing because she just mentioned head pain and leg pain since an accident.  A couple days later she returned to just talk again. It was then that she informed me that she never had people pray over her about the pain. But in the past couple days, she hadn't cried herself to sleep because of the pain, hadn't needed to take her pills, and started to have tingling sensation in her leg where there had been no feeling before!!
God really had so many divine appointments for each one of us. And we are ready for more as we start here at Cornerstone in Illinois.
Peace, Rheanne

1 comment: